Coaching for College Students is designed for students who are motivated to succeed in school and are seeking support, accountability and a framework to help them identify and reach their goals. Students who commit to the process and steps outlined below typically become more organized, have better follow through are able to plan more purposefully for themselves as a result of the program.
Phase 1: Preparing
The objective of this phase is to familiarize yourself with class syllabi, create a semester calendar of due dates and establish a system for organizing, studying and meeting deadlines.
(Average length of phase: 1-3 weeks, but can be condensed with mastery of skills).
Steps of Phase 1:
- You will review class syllabi and semester schedules with your coach, creating a calendar of due dates and events.
- You will identify and schedule times to study and work on assignments.
- You will note on a calendar other important information such as hours and phone numbers for libraries, cafeterias, student health centers and campus security offices.
- You will gather materials needed for the semester and establish storage locations for needed items.
- You will create a system to organize notebooks, book bags, study areas and dorm room to prepare yourself for success.
Phase 2: Maintaining
The objective of this phase is to consistently work the systems you created in Phase 1, refining them as you gather more information about what works best for you and your learning style. (Average length of phase: 1-5 months, but can be condensed with mastery of skills).
Steps of Phase 2:
- You will consistently update your calendar/schedule as new events or assignments arise.
- You will create reminders for yourself to supplement your calendar.
- You will gather needed materials for study and class.
- You will keep your scheduled study times.
- You will proactively follow up with instructors regarding any academic challenges or questions.
- You will implement a triage system provided by your coach for prioritizing tasks.
- You will create weekly/monthly task lists, notifying your coach upon completion of key tasks.
- You will identify potential barriers to task completion and develop strategies to work around them, implementing them as necessary.
Phase 3: Visioning and Creating
The objective of this phase is to create a vision for your best future and a pathway to reach it.
Steps of Phase 3:
- You will work with your coach to explore areas of academic and career interests.
- You will identify your Top Five needs and values to align with your plans.
- You will gather any information or experiences needed to inform your decisions.
- You will determine steps needed to reach your goal(s).
- You will design a plan to build a competitive résumé in alignment with your goal(s).
- You will implement your plan, checking in with your coach regarding wins, challenges and strategies.
- You will modify plans as new information is obtained and self-awareness is strengthened.
What Kind of Commitment is Involved?
- You will commit to engaging in the process and keeping scheduled appointments either by phone, Skype or in person (in the Nashville, Tenn. area).
- You will commit to defining and strategically planning to reach your goals.
- You will commit to completing weekly/monthly tasks toward your goals and reporting completion of these tasks to your coach.
- You will commit to maximizing your potential.
Your Coach’s Commitment
- Understanding. Your coach will actively listen in order to understand your unique needs, challenges and dreams.
- Accountability. Your coach will hold you accountable for tasks and deadlines you set for yourself.
- Privacy. Your coach will respect your information with privacy and discretion.
- Belief. Your coach will believe in you and the goals you set for yourself.
- Compassion. Recognizing that this is not an easy process,
your coach will relate to you with compassion and affirmation.
- Vision Carrier. Your coach will uphold your vision of your best self.
What Does it Cost?
Life Coaching at Centerstone offers a free consultation for coaching services. After that, your first session is just $50. If you decide you want to continue, Life Coaching at Centerstone offers a number of service packages with pricing options related to the length of sessions, frequency of sessions, duration of the commitment and communications outside of sessions. Your coach will explain this more during the consultation.