Coaching for Teens is designed for teens seeking less stress and more balance when facing the pressures of school, family, friends and other life activities. Students who commit to the framework and steps outlined below typically become more organized, demonstrate improved stress-management skills, exhibit better follow-through with their goals and are able to plan more purposefully for themselves as a result of the program.
Phase 1: Beginning
The objective of this phase is to create an initial picture of how balanced your life is while identifying areas of focus. (Average length of phase: 1-3 weeks).
Steps of Phase 1:
- You will complete the Life Balance Wheel evaluation provided by your coach.
- You will choose life areas for initial focus: future plans, family, school/work, health/fitness, social/fun, friends/dating, life purpose/spirituality/religion and physical environment.
- You will establish initial goals for each selected life area.
Phase 2: Exploring
The objective of this phase is to explore different options for achieving your goal(s). (Average length of phase: 1-5 months).
Steps of Phase 2:
- You will focus on your chosen goals, discussing what achievement of the goals would look like.
- You will test different options for reaching your goals, gathering information about what works best for you.
- You will identify potential barriers to reaching your goals and develop strategies to work around them.
- You will develop weekly/monthly tasks toward your goals.
- You will report wins and challenges to your coach at each coaching session, taking time to celebrate progress.
- You will modify goals and tasks as you learn more about yourself.
Phase 3: Maintaining
The objective of this phase is to maintain the progress you made in Phase 2. (Average length of phase: 1-6+ months).
Steps of Phase 3:
- You will continue to implement new skills/tasks.
- You will check in with your coach regarding the implementation of new skills.
- You will gather any information or experiences needed to inform your decisions.
- You will modify your goals and tasks as you learn more
What Kind of Commitment is Involved?
- You will commit to engaging in the process and keeping scheduled appointments either by phone, Skype or in person (in the Nashville, Tenn. area).
- You will commit to defining and strategically planning to reach your goals.
- You will commit to completing weekly/monthly tasks toward your goals and reporting completion of these tasks to your coach.
- You will commit to maximizing your potential.
Your Coach’s Commitment
- Understanding. Your coach will actively listen in order to understand your unique needs, challenges and dreams.
- Accountability. Your coach will hold you accountable for tasks and deadlines you set for yourself.
- Privacy. Your coach will respect your information with privacy and discretion.
- Belief. Your coach will believe in you and the goals you set for yourself.
- Compassion. Recognizing that this is not an easy process,
your coach will relate to you with compassion and affirmation.
- Vision Carrier. Your coach will uphold your vision of yourself.
What Does it Cost?
Life Coaching at Centerstone offers a free consultation for coaching services. After that, your first session is just $50. If you decide you want to continue, Life Coaching at Centerstone offers a number of service packages with pricing options related to the length of sessions, frequency of sessions, duration of the commitment and communications outside of sessions. Your coach will explain this more during the consultation.